Full Contact Fighter Database

Home

>

News

>

Article

Media

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2019

Colby Covington Threatens Legal Action, While Blasting UFC & Dana White Re: Title Shot Denial

Colby Covington (photo via UFC)

By FCF Staff

Colby Covington continues to blast the UFC and Dana White over the fact he’s been passed over for a title shot, and now the controversial fighter has said he may need to take legal action.

Recently it was announced that Kamaru Usman, and not Covington, will fight welterweight champ Tyron Woodley at UFC 235, March 2nd. Since then, the now former interim champ Covington has repeatedly trashed both White and the UFC over the decision.

In a more recent interview with MMA Junkie, however, “Chaos” said this:

“I don’t care what Uncle Fester has to say. I’m the No. 1 ranked fighter in the world. Go look it up on the UFC website. I had a belt wrapped around my waist by Uncle Fester. I was the only fighter to go the White House. What else do you have to do? What’s the criteria to get a title shot these days?”

“…That ain’t happening,” Covington said, while referring to the fact the UFC has reportedly offered him another bout, but without championship fight pay.  “I’ll sit on the shelf all day. We’ll go to court. I’ll make it a living hell for the UFC. I don’t give a (expletive). They’re already trying to make my life a living hell. The business they’re trying to do right now is ridiculous. It doesn’t make sense.”

Since Woodley – Usman has been booked White has said Covington will need to record another win before receiving a title shot. Covington passed on fighting Woodley last September due to pending nasal surgery. The brash fighter also reportedly turned down a fight with Usman last month.

posted by FCF Staff @ 10:40 am
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.