Dana White Believes Conor McGregor – Floyd Mayweather Will Happen, “There’s so Much Money Involved”
By FCF Staff
Although Dana White recently reported that a deal to make Conor McGregor versus Floyd Mayweather a reality is “nowhere near being done”, the UFC President believes the all-star boxing bout will take place.
Earlier in the week there was a report that the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas has been put on hold for the much discussed bout on June 10th, but White told TMZ that the fight is not close to being finalized. White also said there was no target date in place for the boxing match.
But, during an appearance on Conan Wednesday night, White reportedly said the following (quote via MMA Fighting):
“I do think it’s gonna happen,” White said.” “I think it’s going to be a tough deal, because obviously [there are] a lot of egos involved in this deal and a lot of people, so that always makes it tougher. On the flip side, there’s so much money involved. I just don’t see how it doesn’t happen.”
In January, White offered McGregor and Mayweather $25 million each for the bout, and proceeds from the pay-per-view, but the latter quickly shot it down. That prompted White to say that there was a better chance of him suiting up for the Super Bowl, as a New England Patriot, then McGregor – Mayweather taking place.