Full Contact Fighter Database

Home

>

News

>

Article

Media

Wednesday, Aug 08, 2018

Georges St-Pierre Interested in Bouts With Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Not Nate Diaz or Anderson Silva

Georges St-Pierre (photo via UFC)

By FCF Staff

It seems pretty clear that bouts with Anderson Silva or Nate Diaz will not get Georges St-Pierre back in the Octagon.

Since St-Pierre vacated the UFC’s middleweight title, after it was confirmed he was dealing with ulcerative colitis, there’s been extensive speculation about what could be next for the former, two division champ. Recently the legend was in Australia for a media tour, and when asked if he’s interested in fighting the winner of the October 8th bout between lightweight champ Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor, St-Pierre said he is.

But, the Canadian also noted that since he vacated the middleweight title without ever defending it, St-Pierre doesn’t believe the UFC will allow him to challenge for the lightweight belt.

Did you know that last year Floyd Mayweather won £100,000 ($130k) at a casino after beating Conor McGregor? Most boxers tend to visit casinos and clubs for entertainment. You can visit https://www.casinoaus.com/online-pokies/ to check out quick tips for finding the best casinos and pokies.

While discussing possible bouts with Diaz or Silva, however, St-Pierre said the following (quotes via MMA Junkie):

“What excites me is, what can I do to improve my legacy? That’s the No. 1. And also, the money. But legacy, No. 1. Money is there. In terms of Nate Diaz, Nate Diaz is not really an improvement for (my legacy) because people see me as a winner already. And if I win, they will say I look like a bully a little bit, because I beat his older brother (Nick). In terms of money, yes, it’s going to be big money because Nate Diaz is a big name. So I need to find guys that can help me improve my legacy, and money, as well. I’m at a point in my career now that I only have a few fights left if I decide to come back.”

“(Silva doesn’t interest me) right now,” St-Pierre said. “This fight was interesting at a certain point, when I had a lot of contenders in my division. And this fight, if it would have been made, I wanted it to be made with extra performance-enhancing drug testing, which the UFC was not a fan about because they didn’t want WADA to be part of it, before USADA was in. And also at a catchweight – that was my thing…”

“Right now, I don’t think it’s a good win-win situation for me because I have a lot more to lose than to win fighting right now against Anderson Silva.”

Recently the UFC announced that Diaz is going to fight Dustin Poirier on November 3rd at UFC 230.

posted by FCF Staff @ 7:37 am
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *