Georges St-Pierre Reports Test Camp Went Well, Interested in Fighting Michael Bisping
By FCF Staff
Georges St-Pierre is reporting that he indeed, wants to fight again, after successfully completing a test training camp.
Earlier this year it was reported that the 35 year-old star was going to proceed with a test camp, as a means to see how his body help up. Since St-Pierre last fought in 2013, the former welterweight champ has undergone a second reconstructive, ACL surgery.
The Canadian appeared on the latest “MMA Hour” on Monday, and during the segment, GSP said the camp went well. In addition, “Rush” said he’s interested in returning to the UFC for big fights, like a match-up with newly crowned, middleweight champ Michael Bisping. St-Pierre also clarified, however, that his team has not reached out to Bisping officially, as has been reported.
St-Pierre did add, however, that his management team are still in talks with the UFC regarding a deal for his return. In recent weeks, GSP has noted that due to the UFC’s uniform deal with Reebok, he stands to lose money.
The Tristar fighter announced he was taking a hiatus from fighting back in November, 2013, after he earned a split decision win over Johny Hendricks.