Louisiana Commission Declaresradach Vs. Berger No-contest
From Josh Hedges/Zuffa:
Louisiana Commission Declares
Radach vs. Berger No-Contest
On June 13, 2002, the Louisiana State Boxing and Wrestling Commission voted 7-0 ruling the UFC 37 welterweight bout between Benji Radach and Steve Berger to be a no-contest. The bout took place in Bossier City, Louisiana on May 10. Radach was originally declared the winner of the bout by referee stoppage due to strikes. The Berger camp filed an official protest with the commission after the fight citing that Radach used illegal techniques to win the fight.
"After reviewing the tape of the fight, it was very clear that Mr. Radach used illegal punches to gain the decision," said Louisiana commissioner Al Topham.
"No disrespect to Benji Radach he is a great warrior. Hopefully someday he and Steve will do it again," said Berger’s manager and father, Steve Berger Sr.
UFC Pre-Fight Events
Just a reminder that there are several pre-fight events going on before the UFC on Saturday at the Bellagio.
From DSE USA/PRIDE:
ALEX STIEBLING TO FIGHT
IN PRIDE 21: DEMOLITION
Stiebling To Replace Paulo Filho In Match Against Anderson Silva
Los Angeles, Calif. – June 19, 2002 – PRIDE Fighting Championships announced today that Paulo Filho will be unable to fight in PRIDE: 21 DEMOLITION due to a knee injury he suffered earlier this week. Fighting in his place against Anderson Silva, is none other than Alex "Brazilian Killer" Stiebling. For more information on PRIDE FC visit www.pridefc.com
PRIDE FC "DEMOLITION"
ABOUT PRIDE FC