Max Holloway Still Plans to Meet With UFC Brass, Before Committing to UFC 208 Bout With Jose Aldo
By FCF Staff
Jose Aldo informed the media on Monday that he’s defending his featherweight title at UFC 208. But, the man who is supposed to fight him next, Max Holloway, has yet to commit.
Holloway secured the interim 145 title and a bout with the champ Aldo this past weekend, by taking out Anthony Pettis. Afterwards, Holloway expressed concerns about giving up time with his family during the Holidays to prepare for a February 11th bout, due to Aldo’s track record for getting injured. Since then, however, Aldo has said he’s fighting at UFC 208, even if Holloway doesn’t show.
Holloway was a guest on the latest “MMA Hour”, and the Hawaiian fighter relayed that he plans to meet with UFC brass later this month, before he agrees to fight Aldo at UFC 208 (quote via MMA Fighting):
“We got Jose Waldo over here saying Feb. 11. I don’t know,” Holloway said. “He wants to retire. He wants to be a soccer player. Now he’s a f*cking matchmaker. Like I said before, the UFC needs to send his ass to the Cleveland Clinic and check his brain out. They’ve been sending me a bunch of times and my brain seems fine. I ain’t got no problems talking with you guys and doing all this sh*t.
“I said it before, I don’t want to give up my Christmas, I don’t want to give up my son’s birthday on Jan. 4, all for Feb. 11 and the guy doesn’t show up…”
With his win at UFC 206, Holloway moved his winning streak to 10. Aldo, meanwhile, hasn’t fought since July when he decisioned Frankie Edgar.