Nick Diaz Responds to Tyron Woodley’s UFC 202 Callout
By FCF Staff
Tyron Woodley was quick to call for a scrap with Nick Diaz next month, following his title win at UFC 201, and now the latter has responded.
After Woodley KO’d Robbie Lawler on Saturday to become welterweight champ, the decorated wrestler said he’d like to fight Diaz at UFC 202, August 20th. Well, since then, TMZ Sports caught up with Diaz. The outspoken fighter said he’d be willing to fight Woodley on that date, if the UFC makes him an “offer he can’t refuse.” Diaz went on to say, however, he doubts that will happen.
The 32 year-old also said that he wants to fight the “best guy”.
Diaz’s 18 month suspension for testing positive for marijuana expired today, August 1st.
Nick’s younger brother, Nate Diaz, is scheduled to rematch Conor McGregor at UFC 202. The latter lost their first bout, back in March, via submission.