Full Contact Fighter Database







Wednesday, Apr 27, 2011

Bellator FC Signs Rene Nazare to New Contract

By FCF Staff, photo courtesy Bellator FC
Following his stoppage win over Luiz Azeredo at Bellator 39 earlier this month, Bellator Fighting Championships has announced that it has signed undefeated lightweight Rene Nazare to a new contract.
“The addition of Rene to our lightweight division, makes a stacked division that much stronger,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. “Rene had a great performance at Bellator 39, and I’m really looking forward to his next step into our cage.”
According to the official announcement, the 7-0 fighter will “vie for a spot” in the promotion’s next lightweight tournament. Nazare, who originally hails from Brazil, resides in Ithaca, New York and is the BJJ instructor for Team Bombsquad.
“If you want to become a top MMA fighter, you have to be complete,” said Nazare, who has is a four time, BJJ world champion. “You have to be dangerous both standing and on the ground. My background is jiu-jitsu and I feel very confident on the ground – even when I’m in bad situations – but I feel really dangerous with my striking as well.”
“I want to fight the best guys in the world,” Nazare added. “That’s my goal. I want to fight the Bellator Champion I want to become the best. If you want to become the best, you have to fight the best, and I want to fight the best so badly. I want Patricky Pitbull, I want Eddie Alvarez, I want all those guys.”
posted by Full Contact Fighter @ 12:38 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.