Full Contact Fighter Database







Wednesday, Apr 11, 2012

Cole Konrad vs. Eric Prindle Confirmed for Bellator 70, Rich Clementi Competing

By FCF Staff

After Eric Prindle tweeted yesterday that his bout with Cole Konrad had been moved to May 25th due to his hand injury, Bellator has confirmed that the heavyweight title fight will take place on that date at the New Orleans Convention Centre.

Konrad (8-0) will be competing for the first time since last August when he scored a unanimous decision win over Paul Buentello.

“I’m really excited to get back into the cage,” the decorated wrestler said in a press release from the promotion. “This fight has been a long time coming. Eric is a really good standup fighter, and I have a lot of respect for him. I know what he can do standing up, so I’m not going to deviate from anything that has made me successful in the past.”

Prindle (7-1) is coming off a no contest result against Thiago Santos in November, after he was unable to continue due to a low blow. Prindle was declared the tourney winner last month after Santos failed to make weight for their tournament finale tilt.

“I’m just ready to get into the cage and end this,” Prindle said. “I want to become a champion, and this is my time to do that.”

Bellator 70 will also feature UFC veteran Rich Clementi (42-21) who is coming off a stoppage loss to Chris Clements in December. Clementi competed for Bellator in September, 2010, and lost by split decision to Carey Vanier.

The finals for the promotion’s current middleweight tournament will also take place at Bellator 70.

The May 25th card will be broadcast live on MTV 2 and the night’s preliminary fights will be streamed on Spike.com.


posted by FCF Staff @ 12:03 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.