Full Contact Fighter Database







Thursday, May 17, 2012

Josh Koscheck Says Bout With BJ Penn In Works


By FCF Staff

Shortly removed from his split decision loss to Johny Hendricks on May 5th, Josh Koscheck says his next bout could be with former UFC welterweight and lightweight champ BJ Penn.

A recent tweet from the 34 year-old Koscheck read:

#UFC just offered me to fight BJ Penn…I said YES!!!!! Just waiting on him!!!!!! Let’s scrap bra?

There has been no official response yet from the camp of Penn, who has not fought since last October, when he dropped a unanimous decision to Nick Diaz.

After the loss, the 33 year-old Penn (16-8) relayed that his fighting career was “done”; however, since then the decorated fighter has hinted that a return might be possible.

Heading into the bout with Diaz, Penn had scored a knockout win over Matt Hughes and battled to a draw with Jon Fitch, after returning to the welterweight division.

The move came after Penn was defeated by former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar two times in a row.

Koscheck (17-6) had earned victories over Hughes and Mike Pierce prior to facing Hendricks, following his unanimous decision loss to champion Georges St. Pierre in 2010.




posted by FCF Staff @ 12:40 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.