Full Contact Fighter Database

Home

>

News

>

Article

Media

Saturday, Mar 02, 2002

Meca World Vale Tudo 7set For April 20th



MECA World Vale Tudo 7
Set for April 20th

By Eduardo Alonso

The next edition of the Brazil’s biggest NHB event has been scheduled. Promoters Rudimar Fedrigo and Jorge Guimaraes haven’t rested since the huge success that was MECA 6. The dynamic duo are already hard at work putting together the next edition. Fresh from his trip to Japan, Chute Boxe team coach and MECA promoter Rudimar Fedrigo told FCF that MECA 7 is already confirmed for April 20th, at the Circulo Militar Gymnasium, the same arena that held all the previous MECA events. The event’s card is already "in the making" and among the surprises that MECA will have in its 7th edition is the return of long time Luta-Livre fighter and UFC veteran Eugenio Tadeu. Eugenio is confirmed to be fighting at the event, and the promoters are already looking for an opponent. Also, after his great comeback fight at MECA 6, Chute Boxe rising sensation Nilson de Castro will be fighting at the event as well. In other MECA news, MECA 8 is already planned for May, at Rio das Ostras in Rio de Janeiro! MECA 8 is planned to be the first MECA outside of Curitiba, featuring Carlos Barreto’s first title defense, and the long awaited Murilo Ninja vs. Jorge Navalhada match. After all the excitement brought by MECA 6, we are anxiously awaiting MECA 7 and will be keeping a close eye on all the event’s developments, as FCF keeps providing the best worldwide NHB coverage.


Assuerio Silva Recovered
and Back in Training

By Eduardo Alonso

Assuerio Silva
Chute Boxe team heavyweight Assuerio Silva underwent knee surgery at the end of 2001, to get rid of the pain that he had been long suffering in his knee. After the surgery, Assuerio came back to the North-East of Brazil to visit his family, and recover from the surgery. During this time most fight fans were left wondering what happened with the Chute Boxe fighter, since he is 2-0 in PRIDE, but his last bout was at PRIDE 16, several months ago. But there was no mystery behind Assuerio’s absence; it was simply due to his recovery time, and FCF was told today that Silva is already recovered and back in training. Assuerio is reported to be hitting the weights at the gym very hard, and weighs 108kg (238.14 lbs). He is coming back to the Chute Boxe camp in the next few days to re-start his NHB training routine, and with all the recent heavyweight fights at PRIDE, Assuerio told FCF that he is already looking for his next PRIDE fight!

From Will Hendricks:

PANCRASE 1st USA tour
National Submission Wrestling Championship
Competition begins at 9:00pm, Saturday, March 9, 2002
Broomfield High School, 1 Eagle Way, Broomfield, Colorado, USA, 80020

Entry Fee: $32 ($10 for additional divisions), Spectator Fee: $5
Weigh-ins: Fri, March 8th, 6pm – 8pm and Sat, March 9th, 6:30am – 7:30am
(Weigh-in at Broomfield High School Wrestling Room)
(tel): 303-410-1824

Only a short time remaining until America’s first officially sanctioned PANCRASE Submission Grappling competition! This year’s inaugural event is being held in conjunction with the world famous "Old Timers National Collegiate Wrestling Tourney". Event promoters report an international field of competitors from around the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Remember, it’s not to late to enter. You can even sign up the day of the event and wrestle in both competitions!

Pancrase Submission Tournament Wrestlers can look forward to a fair and exciting event with international recognition and press coverage. All division champions will receive Official Pancrase Plaques and the opportunity to compete for the coveted "Super Bout" award. Division finalists (2nd, 3rd, and 4th place) will be awarded custom Pancrase medals. Additional, special awards will be given to fighters who exemplify the "Pancrase Warrior’s Spirit".

Celebrities and V.I.P.s in attendance:
3 times King of Pancrase Mr. Nathan Marquardt
K-1 Kickboxing & Ring of Fire promoter Mr. Sven Bean
World Super Challenge Champ and Pride fighter Mr. Larry Parker
World Sombo Champion & Event Master of Ceremonies Mr. Al Pallone


CORRECTION: It was originally posted in the results for February 23rd‘s Battle On Broadway show, that Mark Melsa was knocked out by Steve McCabe in the first Muay Thai bout of the evening. Mark Melsa did not compete that night, but was replaced by Andre Mitchell, a fellow teammate representing Kru Phil Nurse. Mitchell took the fight on only two days notice and according to Kru Phil Nurse, the outcome of the fight is now under consideration by the promoter as a possible "No Contest" pending investigation. Apparently, a knee was delivered to Mitchell’s head as he went down from the right hook that supposedly KO’d him. Under regulations for the bout, knees to the head are unacceptable. Upon contacting the show’s promoter Louis Neglia, he confirmed that the ruling is indeed under reconsideration pending further investigation.
posted by Full Contact Fighter @ 8:00 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.