Michael Bisping Tells GSP to “Man Up”, Says “Countdown is On”
By FCF Staff
Michael Bisping continues to campaign for a bout with Georges St-Pierre, and now the middleweight champ’s told the latter to “man up”, and accept a bout before UFC 213 this weekend.
The UFC announced plans for a Bisping – GSP bout earlier this year. But, after St-Pierre relayed he wouldn’t be ready to fight until the fall, UFC President Dana White said the promotion was moving on. Despite this, both Bisping and St-Pierre have said in recent weeks that they still want to fight each other.
Recently Bisping appeared on “The MMA Hour”, and the middleweight champ called on St-Pierre to push for the match-up (quote via MMA Fighting):
“Georges, man up!” said Bisping, who also claimed White told him that GSP is saying now he wants to return at 170. “Make the call. I know you have some issues, but call the man, call Dana White.”
“Georges, if you’re watching, which I know you are because you want to know what I’m saying,” Bisping added, “you’ve got until Saturday, because on Saturday I’m going to be on the FS1 post-fight show. Tune in, because one of those (fighters), Yoel Romero or Robert Whittaker, will be joining me on the desk.”
“If I can’t say I’m fighting GSP by then, then I have to say I’m going to fight Whittaker or Romero. I can’t be a little bitch about it. Basically, the countdown is on.”
Romero and Whittaker will battle for the interim 185 title at UFC 213 on Saturday, which will take place in Las Vegas.