From the event’s promoter:
Minnesota’s "Elite 3" Headline
Extreme Challenge 58
MEDINA, Minn. — For the first time ever, the three premiere MMA fighters in Minnesota will showcase their talent in the same event.
Extreme Challenge 58 will feature Dave Menne, Sean Sherk and Travis Wiuff on June 11 at the Medina Entertainment Center.
"Not only do we have the top 3 guys in the state, we also have quality opponents for them," said promoter Monte Cox.
- Menne, the former UFC middleweight world champion, will face hard-punching Todd Carney of Pittsburgh. Carney has won his last two fights by knockout, including an upset win over Jorge Pereira.
- Sherk, a UFC veteran and the No. 3 rated fighter in the world at 170 pounds, will face undefeated Marcus Hicks of Dallas. Hicks owns a win over Sherk’s American Kickboxing Academy teamate Keith Wilson.
- Wiuff, a UFC veteran with a 14-fight win streak, will take on "Scary" Jerry Vrbanovic of Los Angeles. Vrbanovic is coming off a tourney win at Rage on the River and recently fought to a draw against Dan Severn at KOTC in a fight many thought he should have won.
The feature bouts are also impressive:
- Darryl Guthmiller, winner of 12 of 14 bouts, will take on Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch of Phoenix. Ritch has won his last four bouts, all by submission.
- Ritchie Miller, an up-and-coming fighter from Menne’s stable, will face Melvin Guilliard of New Orleans. Guilliard owns an impressive 11-2 record.
"We’re really pleased with the lineup… we looked all over the country to find the best opponents and things turned out well for us," Cox said.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the first bout at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $25 and are available at the Medina Box Office (763) 478-6661 and Minnesota Combat Arts (651) 336-2777.
Marcus Hicks vs. Sean Sherk
Todd Carney vs. Dave Menne
Jerry Vrbanovic vs. Travis Wiuff
Shannon Ritch vs. Darryl Guthmiller
Melvin Guilliard vs. Richie Miller
Ted Worthington vs. Chad Sutton
Ryan Antle vs. Cliff Saunders
TBA vs. Andy Kemp