Full Contact Fighter Database







Thursday, May 31, 2012

Patrick Cote Announces UFC Return, Fighting Cung Le at UFC 148


Le Also Confirmed Match-Up With FCF

By FCF Staff

For some time now, Patrick Cote has been campaigning publicly for his UFC return, and according to the middleweight veteran he will return to the Octagon July 7th against Cung Le.

Cote made the announcement via his official Twitter account, and FCF has confirmed the new match-up with Le himself.

The bout has come about due to the fact that Le’s original opponent Rich Franklin, has been moved into the UFC 147 headliner against Wanderlei Silva, as a result of Vitor Bellfort breaking his hand.

The 32 year-old Canadian has worked his way back to the UFC by winning four straight fights, since Cote (17-7) dropped a unanimous decision loss to Tom Lawlor at UFC 121 in October, 2010.

Since then Cote has scored victories over Kalib Starnes, Todd Brown, Crafton Wallace, and most recently Gustavo Machado, who Cote knocked out while competing for Amazon Forest Combat.

Following his most recent victory, FCF asked Cote about his prospects of returning to the UFC, and the veteran replied:

“For my part I’ve done what I was told to do,” Cote said in April. “They asked me to go fight a guy with a better record, on a winning streak, and that’s exactly what I did.”

Le (7-2) will be looking to rebound from a TKO loss to the aforementioned Silva in November.

Prior to the loss, the 40 year-old-middleweight stopped Scott Smith in June, 2010, while competing under the Strikeforce banner.

UFC 148 will be hosted by the MGM Grand Garden Arena and will feature a rematch between middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen in the main event.


posted by FCF Staff @ 12:28 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.