Full Contact Fighter Database







Friday, Jul 20, 2012

Recovering Yves Edwards Says Arm at “80 Percent”, Has Asked UFC For September Bout

Yves Edwards

By Kelsey Mowatt

15 year veteran Yves Edwards has relayed to the UFC that he’s hoping to return to action in September, following a bicep injury which forced him to withdraw from a scheduled bout with Donald Cerrone on May 15th.

The 35 year-old-fighter told Full Contact Fighter today that his doctor believes his arm is “at about 80 percent” and that as a result, the near 60 fight vet is back to training with “no restrictions.”

Earlier this summer Edwards reported to FCF that he was hoping to fight in August, however, now the lightweight is targeting September for his return.

Edwards, who has yet to fight in 2012, is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Tony Ferguson at the TUF 14 Finale last December.

Prior to the defeat “The Thugjitsu Master” stopped Rafaello Oliveira at UFC Live 6 last October.

The American Top Team fighter is 3-2 in his last five bouts.



posted by FCF Staff @ 1:30 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.