Report: Jason “Mayhem” Miller Says He’s Done Fighting “For Right Now”
By FCF Staff
After stating that retirement was a possibility if he could not defeat CB Dollaway at UFC 146 this past weekend, Jason “Mayhem” Miller has followed through with his pre-fight rhetoric and has announced he is retiring for the time being.
When asked today about his future in fighting during an interview on The MMA Hour, the 31 year-old-fighter reportedly stated “I said I would, so I am. I’m done for right now.”
Although Miller was able to land a few telling strikes versus Dollaway Saturday night, the accomplished wrestler controlled much of the fight and outscored him en route to a unanimous decision win.
Following the event UFC President Dana White said that Miller had been cut from the promotion.
In December, Miller was stopped by fellow TUF 14 coach Michael Bisping, after scoring wins over Kazushi Sakuraba and Tim Stout with DREAM and Strikeforce in 2010.
Miller (23-9) began competing professionally in 2001, and since that time the middleweight has scored wins over established fighters like Tim Kennedy, Denis Kang, and Robbie Lawler, among others.
In addition to his role on TUF, the outspoken fighter was also the host of MTV’s “Bully Beatdown”, which helped make Miller one of the sport’s higher profile fighters.