Thursday, Sep 16, 2010
Strikeforce Announces Paul Daley Signing
By FCF Staff Fresh off Paul Daley’s recent Unanimous Decision win over Jorge Masvidal, at last weekend’s Shark Fights 13 card, Strikeforce has announced that it has signed the British welterweight to a multi-fight agreement. No details regarding the terms of the contract or when Daley will make his promotional debut were given.
“I’m looking forward to fighting for Strikeforce and would really love to fight (current Strikeforce welterweight champion) Nick Diaz,” Daley was quoted saying in a press release from the promotion. “He’s a big name and a great fighter. Diaz would bring out the best in me and would be a great test.”
Daley has won back-to-back fights since he was released from the UFC earlier this year, for his well documented sucker punch incident, that followed his Unanimous Decision loss to Josh Koscheck in May. The noted striker earned stoppage victories over Martin Kampmann and Dustin Hazelett during his three fight run with the UFC.
Daley (25-9-2) returned to action in July, and stopped Daniel Acacio at an Impact Fighting Championship card in Australia, before his aforementioned win over Masvidal on September 11th.
“I am a striker – there is no secret about that,” Daley said. “I like to knock people out aggressively and quickly. That’s my game and no opponent’s going to change that. Almost all my fights are exciting and memorable with non-stop action.”
posted by Full Contact Fighter @ 1:10 pm
Freddie Roach Weighs-In on McGregor – Mayweather Rumored Bout, Says Latter Advised Him to Coach UFC StarView More