Full Contact Fighter Database

Home

>

News

>

Article

Media

Wednesday, Feb 07, 2018

Tyron Woodley Says Talks Have Begun With UFC For Nate Diaz Fight

Tyron Woodley (photo via UFC)

By FCF Staff

Last year, Dana White denied reports that the UFC was officially considering booking a bout between Nate Diaz and Tyron Woodley for its December 30th card. But, the latter is reporting that talks have begun, about the two fighting later this year.

Woodley, who is recovering from shoulder surgery, recently spoke with ESPN. While doing so, the welterweight champ reported the following, regarding a match-up with Diaz:

“I think that fight will happen,” said Woodley. “I think it will happen this year. I think it’s way more likely than people realize. There are conversations about Nate and I fighting in July. The UFC has offered Nate that fight. They just have to make it worth his while.

“I think I’ll fight Nate this year, and I think it will be my return to the Octagon. If I had to bet the house on it, that’s my next opponent.”

Diaz hasn’t fought since August, 2016, when he lost via majority decision to Conor McGregor, in a bout that was contested at 170.

 

posted by FCF Staff @ 10:52 am
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Leave a Reply