Full Contact Fighter Database







Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013

WEC Vet Chris Horodecki “Excited to be Part” of WSOF

Horodecki (photo via horodeckimma.com)

WSOF Canada’s COO Confirms Addition of Ryan Ford

By Kelsey Mowatt

As World Series of Canada continues to prepare for the promotion’s December 7th debut in Vancouver, British Columbia, details continue to emerge about the notable vets that are under contract with the promotion. WSOF Canada came into being recently, after a deal was reached between World Series of Fighting and the Aggression Fighting Championship.

Earlier in the week, WSOF Canada announced that UFC veteran Kalib Starnes will fight former MFC competitor Dwayne Lewis at WSOF 7. The promotion’s Chief Operating Officer Darren Owen has also confirmed that Chris Horodecki and Ryan Ford are under contract as had been reported.

“We were hoping to have Chris Horodecki on the main card as well, and he got an injury in his last fight,” Owen told Full Contact Fighter, while referring to the fact they had hoped to book the WEC veteran for December 7th. “So, he probably would have only been able to train for two weeks going into this fight…that’s pretty short notice for the type of fight we were looking at getting him.”

The 26 year-old Horodecki is coming off a unanimous decision win over Frank Carabello, which took place at Provincial Fighting Championship’s first event on October 26th. The 20-4-1 fighter is coming off consecutive victories, after incurring a no contest result due to a cut last October. Prior to that, Horodecki was knocked out by Mike Richman while competing for Bellator.

When reached for a comment about his WSOF deal, Horodecki stated:

“I have signed with them and am excited to be part of one of the biggest shows around, especially, now that they are branching in Canada. I look forward to the new year for my debut!”

The 31 year-old Ford (21-4) is coming off a fifth round, submission win over Mike Hill, which took place at AFC 19 in July. The Tristar welterweight has won five straight bouts, which includes wins over Luis Santos and Kyle Baker while competing for Bellator.

“Ryan Ford suffered a broken arm in his last fight, which was quite a while ago, and he was hoping to be ready for this fight,” said Owen. “He kind of had a little setback in his rehab, so unfortunately he wasn’t able to go either.”

Ford couldn’t be immediately reached for comment.

Owen also said that the promotion is close to reaching a television deal with a Canadian broadcaster. Currently WSOF events are broadcast in the U.S. via the NBC Sports Network, and the card’s are available for viewing internationally online.

WSOF 7 will be hosted by Vancouver’s PNE Agrodome, and will feature light-heavyweight Anthony Johnson taking on Mike Kyle in the main event.

Here is the line-up to date:


Anthony Johnson vs. Mike Kyle

Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan – for inaugural WSOF featherweight title

Elvis Mutapcic vs. Jesse Taylor – middleweight tournament semifinal

Sabah Fadai vs. Nick Newell


Kalib Starnes vs. Dwayne Lewis

Shawn Albrecht vs. Josh Machan

Michael Hill vs. Jordan Knippelberg


posted by FCF Staff @ 2:42 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.