Report: Georges St-Pierre Met With UFC, Says New PED Policies Looking “Good”
By FCF Staff
Georges St-Pierre hasn’t announced he plans to fight again, but the former welterweight champ relayed on Friday that he recently met with UFC officials.
In recent weeks, St-Pierre has admitted he’s considering a comeback, and has also cited the UFC’s plans to implement more extensive drug testing as a positive factor. After GSP announced he was taking a hiatus in 2013, he relayed the prevalence of PEDs in MMA, was a reason why he wasn’t sure if he’d fight again.
Well, the Canadian star participated in a Q & A session with fans in Montreal on Friday, and while speaking to the media, the Canadian star reported (quote via MMA Fighting.com):
“We had a meeting with the UFC yesterday,” St-Pierre said. “They hired someone for anti-doping testing, so it looked pretty good. I don’t have much to tell about it, they didn’t tell enough about the program about what they want to do, but [Jeff Novitzky] is a very reliable man in the business. He’s the one that caught [Olympic medalist] Marion Jones. So it looked really good so far, but like I said, I don’t have enough to tell right now, and I’m not a specialist. I need to see and ask a specialist what they think about it.”
GSP hasn’t fought since November, 2013, when he scored a tightly contested, split decision win over Johny Hendricks.