Report: WSOF Champ Marlon Moraes Says UFC is a Possibility in Quest to “Fight the Best”
By FCF Staff
Marlon Moraes continued to raise his stock at World Series of Fighting 13 on Saturday, and the bantamweight champ says he’s hungry to face the best competition the sport has to offer.
Moraes tapped out Cody Bollinger with a second round, rear-naked-choke, in a fight that was contested at 147 pounds. The latter was a last minute replacement for Josh Hill, who was forced to drop out of the fight due to injury last week.
Following the victory, which was Moraes’ eighth straight, the 26 year-old had this to say about his future (quote via MMA Junkie.com):
“I believe that everyone can see I’m the best in the world,” Moraes said. “Sooner or later, they’ll have to let me fight the best.”
While discussing as to whether that could mean moving to the UFC at some juncture, the 14-4-1 fighter reportedly stated:
“I like World Series of Fighting a lot, but they know what my dream is,” he said. “So if a good opportunity appears for both promotions, I feel they’ll let me go my way.”
Since signing with WSOF in 2012, Moraes has won all six of his bouts and has scored victories over the likes of Miguel Torres, Carson Beebe and Tyson Nam.