Full Contact Fighter Database

Home

>

News

>

Article

Media

Sunday, Jan 12, 2020

Thiago Alves Says Only The “Right Offer” Will Return Him to The Cage

Alves (photo via UFC / YouTube)

By FCF Staff

Thiago Alves has received some offers now that he’s a free agent. But, the welterweight veteran says he’ll only continue to fight if the right contract comes along.

The 36 year-old entered free agency following his submission loss to Tim Means at UFC D.C. last month. The bout was the last on Alves’ UFC contract.

While speaking to MMA Fighting since then, Alves reported the following, while discussing his free agent status:

“There are some negotiations going on, but nothing really excited me yet to keep fighting,” Alves said. “Thank god I’m financially set, so I don’t need to fight. I want to fight if it makes sense financially. If it doesn’t, I’m cool.

“I’m open to offers, but it has to be the right offer. I’m not fighting for pennies. It has to be more than I was making in the UFC. It has to be something good.”

Alves currently carries a record of 23-15 and he has gone 1-4 in his last 5 bouts.

Tags: ,

posted by FCF Staff @ 2:50 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *