Thiago Silva Headed Back to UFC, Dana White Says “he Deserves to be Able to Make a Living Again”
By FCF Staff
Not long after it was reported that Thiago Silva has had all the charges against him dropped, stemming from an alleged incident earlier this year, the UFC has announced he’s heading back to the Octagon.
On Friday, news surfaced that prosecutors in Florida have dropped their case against Silva, who had been accused of threatening his wife and renowned jiu-jitsu competitor Pablo Popovitch with a gun.
The UFC proceeded to announce that the light-heavyweight would be returning to the Octagon, and Dana White was quoted stating:
“When this thing went down, I said he’d never fight in the UFC again. When I watched it unfold on TV and heard of the charges, it didn’t look good for Thiago Silva,” White said. “But he was acquitted of all charges. How do you not let the guy fight again?”
“He went through the legal process and came out of it untainted,” White added. “He deserves to be able to make a living again. He’s back under contract.”
Silva (16-3) is coming off back-to-back wins over Rafael Cavalcante and Matt Hamill, and is 2-1, with 2 no contests, in his last 5 bouts.