UFC FN 55: Walt Harris Outlines Why Things Will be Different in Second UFC Run
By FCF Staff
When Walt Harris returns to the Octagon this Saturday in Australia, the heavyweight says a different fighter will be competing than the one who dropped fights to Nikita Krylov and Jared Rosholt in the last year.
Harris has been booked to fight Soa Palelei at UFC Fight Night 55 on November 8th, after he KO’d DJ Linderman at Titan FC 28 in May.
While speaking to UFC.com about the upcoming bout, and his previous run with the promotion, here is some of what Harris (7-3) had to say:
“I believe it is all about timing,” Harris said. “In my first stint with the UFC I was a little taken back by the whole situation and finally attaining my goal and my dream. I’m not going to say I was overwhelmed by the moment, but I held back when I should have just gone out there and let it fly. I was in a different place mentally than I am now. When those fights were going on and I was getting ready for them, I had a lot of stuff going on in my personal life. Now, I’m in a better space. I feel better and I’m more mentally prepared for the situation.”
Palelei (21-4), meanwhile, is coming off a decision loss to the aforementioned Rosholt, which ended the heavyweight’s 11 fight winning streak.
UFC FN 55 will be hosted by Sydney’s Allphones Arena and will feature a middleweight bout between Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping in the main event.