Anderson Silva Says MMA Chapter of Career Likely Over
By FCF Staff
When Anderson Silva exited the UFC last year, the legend left the door open to fighting for other MMA organizations. But, now the 46-year-old is reporting his days competing in MMA are likely over.
Leading up to Silva’s fight with Uriah Hall last October, the UFC promoted the bout as the star’s final contest. But, as the fight neared, Silva clarified it was only going to be his final UFC appearance.
“Every single day, different companies, especially in Japan and Asia, too, called me, but I think MMA for me is done. Because it’s hard to train MMA. It’s hard to stay in camp training in a good level because you hurt yourself a lot. Now I just try to enjoy. I don’t need to prove nothing for anybody. I just try to enjoy every single moment I fight in different sports, and that’s it.”
Silva reportedly said that he’s open to boxing matches, in addition to jiu-jitsu or no-gi matches. The decorated fighter is scheduled to box Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on June 19.
If Silva has fought his final, MMA bout, he will close out his MMA career having gone 34-11, with 1 no contest.