Jon Jones is “Expecting to be Back in The Octagon Really Soon”
By FCF Staff
Jon Jones has denied knowingly taking performance enhancing drugs, since USADA pulled him from UFC 200, and now he’s reporting he’ll be competing again “soon”.
Jone was scheduled to rematch Daniel Cormier last month, but the former light-heavyweight champ was flagged for estrogen blockers, and has been temporarily suspended. Jones, who has repeatedly denied “cheating”, posted a video this weekend on Instagram. In it, the 29 year-old stated (quoted via MMA Mania.com):
“I’m sure you guys are curious about what’s going on with this USADA situation,” said Jones. “Obviously, I can’t get into it because it’s still pending but what I can say is that we have found out lots of really good news and I am expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon.”
Jones’ last bout took place in April, when he decisioned Ovince Saint Preux and won the interim, 205 title.
Jon Jones just dropped this message on Instagram and says he has good news & expects to be back in the Octagon soon. pic.twitter.com/Q6U8GFBSTo
— Chamatkar Sandhu (@SandhuMMA) August 15, 2016