Friday, Mar 21, 2014
Report: Anderson Silva Not Planning to Fight in 2014
By FCF Staff
Although Anderson Silva’s recovery appears to be going well, and there has been hope he would fight before the year is out, the legendary fighter has reportedly said that won’t happen.
Silva, who severely broke his leg during his UFC 168 bout with middleweight champ Chris Weidman, recently told Combate that he doesn’t plan to fight again until the “middle” of 2015.
In addition, Silva told the Brazilian publication that his “phase” as champion is over, and that contending for the title is a “bit far” away. The 38 year old also added that he intends to complete the ten fight contract he signed not long ago, before he retires.
Prior to his stoppage losses to Weidman last year, Silva had won 17 straight bouts.
posted by FCF Staff @ 10:28 am