Friday, Jan 28, 2011
Straus Latest FW Confirmed for Bellator Season Four
By FCF Staff
Bellator FC continues to confirm featherweight fighters to the promotion’s upcoming, Season Four tournament, and has announced that Daniel Straus will risk his 10 fight win streak in the competition. Straus (14-3) is the fifth man to be confirmed for the tourney, joining Eric Larkin, Kenny Foster, Georgi Karakhanyan, and Zac George.
“Daniel was very impressive at Bellator 23 as a lightweight and he’s riding a great 10 fight win streak including some very solid wins, I’m excited to see what he can do at 145,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney in the official announcement.
Straus went 6-0 in 2010 and scored wins over experienced fighters like Gideon Ray, Joe Pearson and most recently Karen Darabedyan during the campaign. Straus also competed under the Bellator banner last year and earned a unanimous decision win over Chad Hinton in June.
“I like to fight at least once a month so this tournament format is perfect for me,” said Straus. “If I’m not banged up or hurt, I like to keep training and turn around and get my next fight in. I like to stay as active as possible. I never like to slow down.”
“My focus isn’t on Joe Warren right now,” said Straus while discussing the Bellator champion. “My focus is on the first person I fight and putting a beating on him, and then it will be the second guy I fight and putting a beating on him. My biggest test isn’t going to be Joe Warren, but getting to Joe Warren.”
Bellator’s fourth season of competition is set to get underway in March and will be broadcast live on MTV2.
posted by Full Contact Fighter @ 6:34 pm