Full Contact Fighter Database







Tuesday, Sep 27, 2011

UFC 135 Attendance Figures Released; Jones and Jackson Among Fighters Medically Suspended


By FCF Staff

Colorado’s Department of Regulatory Agencies has announced the attendance figures and medical suspensions that ensued as a result of UFC 135 this past Saturday, which was hosted by Denver’s Pepsi Center.

In total, 16,344 fans showed up to watch light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones submit former champ “Rampage” Jackson in the fourth round. According to DORA figures, of the 16,344 in attendance, 2,097 people received complimentary tickets.

The overall gate for the event was reportedly $2,089,575.

DORA has also released the medical suspensions which stemmed from the September 24th card, however, the agency’s official website does not include specific information regarding why the suspension was determined.

Jones has been medically suspended for 180 days or a minimum of 45 days, upon doctor’s approval, following his latest win. The fighter’s management could not be immediately reached for comment.

Jackson, who was cut over his right eye during the fight, has been suspended for 60 days with no contact for 45 days.

Here are all of the medical suspensions that have been confirmed by Colorado officials.

James Te Huna- 180 days for injuries or minimum 30 days with physician clearance

Ricardo Romero- 60 days no contact for 45 days

Cole Escovdeo- 45 days no contact for 30 days

Eddie Yagin- 30 days

Nick Ring- 30 days

Aaron Riley- 180 days or 90 days with physician clearance

Takanori Gomi- 30 days

Ben Rothwell- 60 days no contact for 45 days

Mark Hunt- 45 days no contact for 30 days

Matt Hughes- 45 days no contact for 30 days

Jon Jones- 180 days or 45 days with physician clearance

Quinton Jackson- 60 days no contact for 45 days


DORA reportedly does not disclose fighter salaries or drug test results to the public.




posted by FCF Staff @ 2:29 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.