UFC 195: Carlos Condit Knows Robbie Lawler Has “Dangerous Tools”, But Says “This is my Time”
By FCF Staff
Carlos Condit understands he has a big and dangerous challenge ahead of him in Robbie Lawler, but the welterweight is confident he’s about to finally secure the UFC’s welterweight title.
Condit has been one of the promotions top welterweights for years now, and in 2012, the former WEC champ won the UFC’s interim title. Condit was unable to unify that belt with the world championship later that year, however, when he lost by unanimous decision to Georges St-Pierre.
Since then Condit has dealt with adversity in the form of knee surgery, and a decision loss to Johny Hendricks. But, as Condit recently told UFC.com, he believes those setbacks have only made him a better fighter.
“Robbie is as powerful of a fighter as you are going to find in this division and he certainly has some very dangerous tools at his disposal,” Condit said. “He’s had some great fights in recent years and he earned that title. There’s no denying that, but this is my time now. I’ve come through a lot and fought my way back to the top and this is my chance to prove I’m the best welterweight fighter in the world. It’s been one hell of a journey and I’ve learned so much about myself as a man and as a fighter along the way.”
Lawler-Condit will headline UFC 195, which will take place Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada.