Urijah Faber Outlines Why Return to The Cage is “Really Tempting”
By FCF Staff
Urijah Faber has said before that a return to the cage could happen, and now the retired fighter’s outlined why he’s strongly considering the idea.
Faber is continuing to prepare for a May 25th grappling match with 17-year-old jiu-jitsu phenom, Nick Ryan at Polaris 10. Recently Faber spoke with ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, and when asked about the possibility of fighting again, the former WEC champ said this:
“With the baby in my life, and with the rejuvenation of my body, and seeing why I stood out for so long, it’s just really, really tempting,” said Faber. “And I’m going to take this time to prepare for this May 25 matchup with one of the best jiu-jitsu players on the planet, to get my body into shape. And I’m going to continue with that and get my body back into [being] a weapon and look for an opportunity to possibly step in if there’s something that makes sense.”
The 39-year-old Faber also confirmed that he was tempted to accept short notice bouts with Cub Swanson and Chan Sung Jung last year. “The California Kid” hasn’t fought since December, 2016, when he earned a decision win over Brad Pickett.
Faber retired armed with an overall record of 34-10.