Dana White Denies Contract Dispute With Conor McGregor, Says Star Could be Rebooked For UFC 200
By FCF Staff
UFC President Dana White is denying that a contract dispute or issues over money is why Conor McGregor is no longer competing at UFC 200.
Several hours after McGregor announced on Tuesday that he’s decided to retire, White reported that he has been pulled from UFC 200, because the Irish star apparently refused to travel to Las Vegas for a series of promotional appearances. Since the headline making news, observers like Chael Sonnen have theorized that a dispute over money is what’s really behind the fallout.
White appeared on FOX Sports 1’s “The Herd” recently, however, and during the interview he denied that McGregor is unhappy with his contract.The UFC President repeated that the promotion’s decision to pull McGregor from the July 9th event, is solely because the fighter wasn’t willing to be part of scheduled promotional appearances. White also claimed that his relationship with McGregor hasn’t been damaged.
According to a report from MMA Fighting.com, White also said McGregor could be rebooked for UFC 200.
“Yeah, if he called me after this interview, we would probably still do it,” White said. “The problem with this whole thing is you have to be here to promote your fight and you have to shoot this commercial. We’re spending $10 million in promotion for UFC 200, and all that money is motion. You can’t do this. I don’t care who you are, or how big you are, you can’t do this.”
McGregor was scheduled to rematch Nate Diaz, who submitted the featherweight champ in a welterweight contest last month.