Full Contact Fighter Database

Home

>

News

>

Article

Media

Thursday, Feb 08, 2018

Dana White: Claims That UFC’s Targeting Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz is “Absolutely Not True”

Tyron Woodley (photo via UFC)

By FCF Staff

Dana White has denied in the past that the UFC is interested in booking a bout between Tyron Woodley and Nate Diaz, and the promotion’s president is repeating that claim, following the latest talk about the match-up.

Last year, it was reported that the UFC was considering have Diaz fight Tyron Woodley at UFC 219, and White said the UFC never officially tabled that bout. More recently, Woodley has claimed that talks are on again, about having him fight Diaz later this year.

During the latest UFC Tonight, however, White said the following about Woodley’s comments (quote via MMA Fighting)

“[Woodley’s] full of sh*t,” White said. “That fight was never made, you couldn’t be more wrong, he couldn’t be more full of sh*t, and it’s absolutely not true. It’s so not true that our lawyer hit him up today and said he needs to stop saying these kind of things, because it’s absolutely not true.”

White went on to say that the UFC is hoping to have Woodley fight Rafael dos Anjos next.

posted by FCF Staff @ 10:23 am
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Leave a Reply