Full Contact Fighter Database







Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014

Stefan Struve “Confident We Will Sort This Out” After UFC 175 Scare, Says Incident “Had Nothing to do With my Heart”

Struve (photo via UFC.com)

Heavyweight Says he Received Win and Show Bonus

By FCF Staff

Following the unsettling, cancellation of his bout at UFC 175, Stefan Struve relayed he was doing well, and now the heavyweight has provided further updates regarding his health.

Struve, who was diagnosed with a rare heart condition last year, was pulled from UFC 175 after he had a near fainting spell backstage. During the card’s broadcast it was relayed that the setback shouldn’t prevent Struve from competing again, and the fighter has repeated those sentiments on Twitter.

Here are some of the tweets Struve has posted recently while discussing the situation and his future:

The 26 year-old Struve hasn’t fought now since March, 2013, when he was stopped by Mark Hunt. The loss ended the Dutch fighter’s four fight win streak.

posted by FCF Staff @ 8:48 pm
Have a comment about this story? Please share with us by filling out the fields below.

Comments are closed.