Tyron Woodley Says he Hasn’t “Spoken to Anyone” Regarding Bout With Stephen Thompson
By FCF Staff
Recently Dana White announced that Stephen Thompson will be the next man to face Tyron Woodley, but the newly crowned, welterweight champ says he hasn’t spoken to anyone about the match-up.
Woodley KO’d Robbie Lawler last month to grab the UFC’s 170 title, but afterwards, the powerful fighter called for bouts with Nick Diaz or Georges St-Pierre. Prior to UFC 201, Thompson argued that he was more deserving of a title shot than Woodley. The vaunted striker also predicted that Lawler would defend the welterweight title, so Woodley has argued that Thompson should face Lawler next.
Well, following White’s statements regarding Thompson’s coming title shot, the following tweet appeared on Woodley’s Twitter feed:
Funny how there is an official fight announced and I 1) Havent spoken to anyone 2) Agreed on opponent or date 3) Signed a bout agreement.
— Tyron T-Wood Woodley (@TWooodley) August 12, 2016