UFC’s Hector Lombard Calls for Tyron Woodley’s Ranking Spot
By FCF Staff
Since Tyron Woodley says he’s not interested in fighting his American Top Team teammate Hector Lombard, the latter has called on the promotion to move him into the welterweight’s ranking slot.
UFC President Dana White confirmed last week that the promotion was hoping to match Lombard up against Woodley, but that “The Chosen One” passed on the bout. On the flip side, Lombard has said he’s willing to fight Woodley, despite the fact the fighter trains out of ATT for extensive periods.
In a recent interview with AXS TV’s “Inside MMA“, Woodley relayed that he’s not willing to battle Lombard, or any ATT fighter, unless it’s for the belt. On Thursday, the following post appeared on Lombard’s Twitter feeed:
— Hector Lombard (@HectorLombard) September 4, 2014
Lombard is coming off a one sided, unanimous decision win over Jake Shields in March and is returning from a neck injury.
The 36 year-old is currently ranked #6 in the UFC’s welterweight division.